"Well-behaved women seldom make history."
- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Thursday 8 May 2014

Spirituality in travelling

I was thinking a lot what are the advantages of travel. Besides I go to beautiful places and it makes me a stronger, more experienced and more freedom-loving person, it has other smaller but also an important advantage in my Life. Just for example my friends always tell me that I can pack my suitcase perfectly. No unused place in it or no unnecessary stuff. And it's true. And I'd like to believe that in other aspects of my life I'm also that well organised. 
During all these years of travels, I've learned how to live in a suitcase and use limited places and time. If something needs to fit in, it will. Even I have to leave other things behind. By that, I've learned the priority of things. The meaning of choice. It's a very good spiritual practise indeed. How to get rid of things you don't need any more – sometimes even people, – lighten up the luggage and the heart, not carry oversized or overweight packages.

You can read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment