"Well-behaved women seldom make history."
- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Wednesday 16 July 2014

When money talks

I have a funny story from another day. I know some people just like to be judgemental and I should not be surprised after I'm saying I work as a dancer they give me a bad look. I can not imagine how is in the States as I've heard different opinions about it. Some say their dancers are treated as artists or entertainers and they have more respect. But I also heard the opposite. I think it's just different from person to person. Here in Europe people are more conservative as they say. (Although Europe means 45 different countries and many different cultures.) But for sure I don't like to speak up and say out loud what is my profession. Just like that day.
I arrived back from Corsica and I went to the local money shop to exchange the money I earned there. I always go to the same place. I know the exchange rates are not the best there, but my bank is on the another side of the road and I don't like to walk around with lots of cash in my pocket.


If you'd like to read more, go to my website.

4 comments:

  1. interesting story - how did you become a dancer anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a long story to write in a comment! :) But I wrote about it more in the first 2 posts...
      Long story short, I was fed up with the actual job and I set myself free. Now I'm my own boss and I go whereever I want.. ;)

      Delete
  2. gotcha - i just read your first 2 blogs again - live can be so simple ...
    Keep going with your stories - they are very interesting by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotcha - i just read your first 2 blogs again - live can be so simple ...
    Keep going with your stories - they are very interesting by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete