"Well-behaved women seldom make history."
- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Friday 5 September 2014

In memory of Jimmy

Although I have to confess I didn't know him well. We were not friends in the deeper meaning of this word. He was my manager. One of the kinds you will always remember. But for sure he was a character of the Mavericks club in Cape Town, South Africa. A lively, funny and definitely an unforgettable character. He was homosexual. I'm not saying that to label him, I'm saying because it was part of his personality. His persona if I can say that.
He was funny when he made a show on stage as a drag queen. Don't imagine a proper show with costumes and makeup, he just randomly went on the stage when he got bored and took all the attention from customers. Every eye and every spotlight were focused on him. Or when he pretended he's on a catwalk. My friends and I were sitting on a coach and enjoyed the show as he moved his hips sideways as models do. We were laughing at him and with him. He enjoyed our attention too. Still makes me smile when I remember how he fixed his imaginary make up in the mirror!

To read more, visit my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment